SLDO Kokoda Track 2017
Journey with Aurora Adventures and SLDO to walk the Kokoda Track and be a part of our team raising awareness and funds to educate and ultimately increase the rate of organ and tissue donation in Australia.
Join us as we pay our respects to our wartime heroes of old and raise funds and awareness for SLDO and their vital work.
The aim of this trek is two fold; firstly to raise awareness to ultimately increase the rate of organ and tissue donation in Australia and secondly to raise funds for the SLDO | Assist program which assists hospital patients awaiting a transplant who are suffering significant financial duress as a consequence of their medical condition.
The Kokoda Track stretches 96 kilometres through what is arguably some of the most rugged and wild jungle in the world.
This track holds an extremely important place in Australia’s history.
Trekkers will undertake a 12-week remote pre-adventure training program to prepare them for this adventure. Our Exercise Physiology, Strength & Conditioning Team has formulated these programs for each specific adventure to ensure that you meet your adventure goals and thoroughly enjoy your journey.
• Your pre-adventure training package
• Experienced Australian lead/guide & historian
• Dedicated Australian Wilderness Trek Medic & medical kit
• Two nights accommodation in Port Moresby (4 or 3.5-star) on a twin share basis*
• Personal travel insurance
• Restaurant meals in Port Moresby
• All transfers and transport in Port Moresby
• Accommodation on the Kokoda Track in a village hut, tent or bush camp
• All food during the trek (ration packs are prepared in Australia)
• Most personal camping and cooking equipment
• Local PNG porters for group equipment
• Trek gear including trekking shirt, and cap
• A trip to Bomana War Cemetery
• Return economy airfare from Brisbane to Port Moresby
• Personal expenses such as phone call costs and alcoholic beverages at the hotel
• Boots and a small amount of personal trek clothing
• Personal porter/carrier charges if required ($650 per personal porter)
• Inoculations and anti-malarial medication